Diploma in Physics, Technical University of Munich (Germany)
Birgit received her Diploma in Physics with honors from the Technical University of Munich, Germany, in 2009. During her studies, she received the LAOTSE fellowship to study at the Nanyang Technological University, Singapore. Currently, she is a PhD candidate in Applied Physics and is a recipient of the Harvard Quantum Optics Center fellowship. Her research focuses on nanophotonics, and in particular nanoscale resonators as well as single photon sources based on diamond.
- Harvard Quantum Optics Center Graduate Student Fellowship (HQOC-GSF, 2012-2013)
- LAOTSE (Links to Asia by Organising Traineeship and Student Exchange) to study at the Nanyang Technological University in Singapore and do an internship in Prof. Murray Barrett's Cold Atom Group at the Centre for Quantum Technologies, National University of Singapore.
- B.M. Hausmann, I. Bulu, P.B. Deotare, M.W. McCutcheon, V. Venkataraman, M.L. Markham, D.J. Twitchen, and M. Lončar “Integrated High Quality Factor Optical Resonators in Diamond” Nano Letters, DOI: 10.1021/nl3037454 (2013)
- P. Maletinsky, S. Hong, M. S. Grinolds, B. Hausmann, M. D. Lukin, R. L. Walsworth, M. Loncar, and A. Yacoby, "A robust scanning diamond sensor for nanoscale imaging with single nitrogen-vacancy centres," Nature Nanotechnology 7, 320-324 (2012).
- B. J. M. Hausmann, B. Shields, Q. Quan, P. Maletinsky, M. McCutcheon, J. T. Choy, T. M. Babinec, A. Kubanek, A. Yacoby, and M. D. Lukin, "Integrated diamond networks for quantum nanophotonics," Nano Letters 12, 1578-1582 (2012).
- B. Hausmann, J. Choy, T. Babinec, B. Shields, I. Bulu, M. Lukin, and M. Lončar, "Diamond nanophotonics and applications in quantum science and technology," physica status solidi (a) (2012).
- M. J. Burek, N. P. de Leon, B. J. Shields, B. J. M. Hausmann, Y. Chu, Q. Quan, A. S. Zibrov, H. Park, M. D. Lukin, and M. Lončar, "Free-Standing Mechanical and Photonic Nanostructures in Single-Crystal Diamond," Nano Letters 12, 6084-6089 (2012).
- T.M. Babinec, B.M. Hausmann, J.T. Choy, M. Khan, P.R. Hemmer, and M. Lončar, "Quantum Photonics with Diamond," IEEE Photonics Society Newsletter, Vol. 25, 13-18 (2011)
- B. J. M. Hausmann, T. M. Babinec, J. T. Choy, J. S. Hodges, S. Hong, I. Bulu, A. Yacoby, M. D. Lukin, and M. Lončar, "Single-color centers implanted in diamond nanostructures," New Journal of Physics 13, 045004 (2011).
- J. T. Choy, B. J. M. Hausmann, T. M. Babinec, I. Bulu, M. Khan, P. Maletinsky, A. Yacoby, and M. Lončar, "Enhanced single-photon emission from a diamond-silver aperture," Nature Photonics 5, 738-743 (2011).
- I. Bulu, T. Babinec, B. Hausmann, J. T. Choy, and M. Loncar, "Plasmonic resonators for enhanced diamond NV-center single photon sources," Optics Express 19, 5268-5276 (2011).
- B. J. M. Hausmann, M. Khan, Y. Zhang, T. M. Babinec, K. Martinick, M. McCutcheon, P. R. Hemmer, and M. Lončar, "Fabrication of diamond nanowires for quantum information processing applications," Diamond and Related Materials 19, 621-629 (2010).
- T. M. Babinec, B. J. M. Hausmann, M. Khan, Y. Zhang, J. R. Maze, P. R. Hemmer, and M. Lončar, "A diamond nanowire single-photon source," Nature Nanotechnology 5, 195-199 (2010).