Bachelor of Arts, Pomona College
- Ian received his B.A. in Physics and Astronomy, with Honors, from Pomona College in 2008. He is currently working on building up the NEMs/NOMs capabilities of the Lončar Lab. His interests include: learning OSX Leopard and all its ins and outs, watching TV, riding his bike, and sleeping for more than 6 hours a night.
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship (NSF-GRFP) - 2008-2013
- C. L. Yu, H. Kim, N. de Leon, I. W. Frank, J. Robinson, M. McCutcheon, M. Liu, M. D. Lukin, M. Loncar, and H. Park, "Stretchable Photonic Crystal Cavity with Wide Frequency Tunability," Nano Letters (2012).
- P. B. Deotare, I. Bulu, I. W. Frank, Q. Quan, Y. Zhang, R. Ilic, and M. Loncar, "All optical reconfiguration of optomechanical filters," Nature Communications 3, 846 (2012).
- "Programmable photonic crystal nanobeam cavities", I.W. Frank*, P.B. Deotare*, M.W. McCutcheon, M. Lončar, Optics Express, Vol. 18, 8705-8712 (2010)
- "Coupled photonic crystal nanobeam cavities", P.B. Deotare, M.W. McCutcheon, I.W. Frank, M. Khan, and M. Lončar, Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 95, 031102 (2009)
- "High Quality factor photonic crystal nanobeam cavities", P.B. Deotare, M.W. McCutcheon, I.W. Frank, M. Khan, and M. Lončar, Applied Physics Letters, Vol. 94, 121106 (2009)
- "Mechanical Properties of Suspended Graphene Sheets", Ian W. Frank, Arend M. van der Zande, David M. Tanenbaum, Paul L. McEuen; JVST B 25, 6 (2007)
- "Electromechanical Resonators From Graphene Sheets", J. Scott Bunch, Arend M. van der Zande, Scott S. Verbridge, Ian W. Frank, David M. Tanenbaum, Jeevak M. Parpia, Harold G. Craighead, and Paul L. McEuen; Science 315, 490 (2007)