Pui-Chuen “Wallace” Hui [phui@fas]
Bachelor of Applied Science, University of Waterloo (Canada)
- Wallace Hui is from Hong Kong. He received his B.S. degree in Applied and Engineering Physics from Cornell University in 2008. At Cornell, he worked on terahertz photonics in Prof. Farhan Rana’s Semiconductor Optoelectronics Group as well as hollow-core photonic crystal fibers and air filamentation in Prof. Alex Gaeta’s Nonlinear and Quantum Optics Group. Currently, he is working on tunable plasmonics and optomechanics in nanostructures in the Lončar Group. Outside of work, he plays the violin and is also a proud tenor in the Harvard Glee Club.
- D.N. Woolf, P.C. Hui, E. Iwase, M. Khan, A.W. Rodriguez, P.B. Deotare, I. Bulu, S.G. Johnson, F. Capasso, and M. Lončar “Optomechanical and Photothermal Interactions in Suspended Photonic Crystal Membranes” Optics Express (accepted) 2013; arXiv:1210.8023(2013)
- E. Iwase, P.C. Hui, D. Woolf, A.W. Rodriguez, S.G. Johnson, F. Capasso, and M. Lončar, "Control of buckling in large micromembranes using engineered support structures," J. Michromech. Mircoeng., Vol. 22 065028 (2012)
- A.W. Rodriguez, D. Woolf, P.C. Hui, E. Iwase, A.P. McCauley, F. Capasso, M. Lončar, S.G. Johnson, "Designing evanescent optical interactions to control the expression of Casimir forces in optomechanical structures", APL, Vol. 98, 194105 (2011)
- A.W. Rodriguez, A.P. McCauley, P.C. Hui, E. Iwase, F. Capasso, M Lončar, and S.G. Johnson, "Bonding, antibonding and tunable optical forces in asymmetric membranes", Optics Express, Vol. 19,2225-2241 (2011)
- B. Shim, S. E. Schrauth, C. J. Hensley, L. T. Vuong, P. Hui, A. A. Ishaaya, and A. L. Gaeta, “Controlled Interactions of Femtosecond Light Filaments in Air,” Phys. Rev. A 81,061803(R) (2010)
- B. Shim, S. E. Schrauth, C. J. Hensley, L. T. Vuong, P. Hui, A. A. Ishaaya, and A. L. Gaeta, “Controlled Interactions of Femtosecond Light Filaments in Air,” submitted to PRL (2009)
- P. A. George, W. Hui, F. Rana, B. G. Hawkins, A. E. Smith, B. J. Kirby, “Microfluidic Devices for Terahertz Spectroscopy of Biomolecules,” Optics Express, vol. 16, 1577 (2008).